Receive the newsletter

Share :

Heritage site

Avenues Woolett et Victoria

Parcours rouge

Founded in 1851, the Ursulines boarding school used to cover a surface of 4 hectares, stretching from all the way from the rue des Ormeaux to the Lechiblier staircase. In 1904, it closed, and was sold in 1905. Now a middle-school, its chapel was built in 1897 by an architect by the name of Cargill. The Abalones housing development long took over the rest of the site, although today, only the grand entrance remains, with its lion-crowned pillars. At the turn of the 20th century, an architect called Noël built numerous Art Nouveau villas, which you can still see alongside Henri Woolett and Victoria Avenues.

Practical info

Heritage site

The Abalones

Avenues Woolett et Victoria
Venue

Avenues Woolett et Victoria
76600 Le Havre

ACCESSIBILITY

-

OPENING HOURS

Tous les jours 24 h/24

PRICE

Accès libre

Discovery tour

Étape 11 du Red Tour

CULTURAL MEDIATION

-

How to get here
Bus 2 (station Ormeaux)
ON SITE
  • Paid parking
  • Rest area
Share :