Receive the newsletter

Share :

Heritage site

Place du Vieux-Marché

  • Ancien palais de justice converti en Muséum
Historic tour

The southern wing of this former Courthouse, converted into a museum in 1876, was destroyed in the 1944 bombings. Classified as a Historical Monument, the Museum reopened in 1976 and underwent major refurbishment in 2007. With thousands of exhibits from the fields of palaeontology, zoology and from prehistoric times, the collections are also famous for the 4,500 drawings by Le Havre explorer and painter, Charles Alexandre Lesueur (1778-1846). From now until March 10, 2019, the Museum will host an incredible exhibition called The Genius of Nature.

Practical info

Heritage site

Museum of natural history

Place du Vieux-Marché
Venue

Place du Vieux-Marché
76600 Le Havre

Share :