Receive the newsletter

Share :

Heritage site

1, rue Jérôme Bellarmato
17th - 18th centuries

This place is named after a well-known Le Havre family, that of sailor Michel-Joseph Dubocage de Bléville who was famous for discovering Clipperton Island off the coast of Mexico.  The main façade was built in the 17th century and has a tall timber and slate gable to one side. The left wing dates from the end of the same century and differs with its brick, flint and stone structure. The building was renamed the Maison des veuves (widows’ home) when it was acquired by the City council in 1909 to house sailors’ widows and their children. It suffered much damage in 1944 but was restored in 1955 to become the ‘Museum of Old Le Havre'. It remained closed for a long period but was renovated again in 2011 and now houses permanent collections and temporary exhibitions on the history of Le Havre, major political events, maritime trade and so on.

Practical info

Heritage site

Hôtel Dubocage de Bléville

1, rue Jérôme Bellarmato
17th - 18th centuries

1, rue Jérôme Bellarmato
76600 Le Havre

Only the ground floor is accessible to visitors with physical disabilities.

  • Visitors with physical disabilities
  • Visitors with hearing impairment
  • Visitors with mental disabilities
  • Visitors with visual impairment

Everyday but tuesdays and national holidays
From 10am to 12:30pm and from 1:45pm to 6pm (10:30-12:30 and 1:45-5:30pm from November 1st)


Free entrance

Discovery tour

Étape 15 du Red Tour



How to get here
- Tram : lines A & B (Palais de justice stop)
- Bus : line 3 (Lamblardie stop) and line 7 (Notre-Dame stop)
  • Ticket sales
  • Store
  • Free parking
  • Paid parking
  • Information desk
  • Wi-fi
  • Rest area
Share :