Elder inhabitants of the city call it the «thread». Constructed in 1890, it connects the High with the Low Town. Starting out as w ooden cabs on rails and running on coal , the «funi» was electrified in 1911. The 1944 bombings left it damaged and unusable but it was re-commissioned in 1950. To make it quieter and more comfortable, tires were fitted in 1972. The 343m route climbs 77m and each trip lasts 3 minutes between both stops.
Place Thiers / Rue Félix Faure
76600 Le Havre